Hit Points (HP) - determine how much damage a character can soak up before dying. You're dead if it reaches 0 or less. (HP = CON x 5 + 10)
Please note that once determined during the character creation phase, your character's HP will not be increased - unlike many other RPGs, there are no character progression levels and the HP value is static throughout the game. Consider your decisions carefully.
Situations where you lose HP permanently
Warning: Content beyond this point contains spoilers.
- Outpost - Pass a check to enter the mine Perception: or Traps:. If you fail, you lose 20 HP and permanently lose 2 maximum HP
- Abyss - gather your resolve and push on Constitution + Strength= , with at least 6 points in each stat, but you will lose 5 HP permanently
- Imperial Power Armor - Ra: +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Health Regeneration in combat (-5 HP permanently + for activation Lore: needed)
- Regeneration potion - Lowers max HP by [x] point(s) - See entry
- The Raiders - If you fail in your attempt to kill the leader with a dagger, the raiders will knock you down and kick you. By avoiding the blows your dodge will increase by 5 points, but your Max HP is lowered by 2 points.
- A Friend In Need - [Dexterity][Streetwise] Play a game of chance. Attempt to cheat. Failure leads to Mercato attacking you. -2 Max HP.